The Best Audio Interface in 2012
I’m reading a lot about audio interfaces these days and I came to a conclusion. In the end, it boils down to your budget. Right now I’m focusing on quality rather than budget. So, here is The Best Audio Interface in 2012:
MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid FireWire / USB2 Audio Interface w/ 8 Mic Preamps, Effects, and Mixing
The MOTU interfaces provide great value and they have amazing driver support. With most processing and effects done by MOTU 896mk3, all you need to do is record your voices and you’re done. No more extensive mixing. This audio interface comes with its own multi-track recording software (free). The mic preamps are crystal clear, EQ, dynamics and reverb are great.
features (via Amazon)
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity – FireWire or hi-speed USB2 port available.
- CueMix FXTM – flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output.
- 28 inputs / 32 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) – there’s no channel sharing in the 896mk3;
- Front-panel control – access any setting in your entire 896mk3 mix directly from the front panel
- Stand-alone operation – program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 896mk3 to your gig – no computer needed. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
If you think the price is too high, you should check The Best Audio Interface under $300